I don't think I have ever posted pictures of food that I have made. I think all of you know what Ragu sauce poured right out of the jar on top of hot store brand noodles looks like. So, I spare you the post. :)
But this Sweet Party Mix is worth sharing. It is an easy, delightful snack year round but also makes for a nice teacher or neighbor gift. So here goes....
1. In a large bowl mix 8 cups of corn or rice square cereal, 2 cups pretzels knots, 1 cup sliced almonds. (We left out the almonds this year since nuts can be pricey. It is still just as yummy.)
2. In a medium saucepan combine: I always double this!
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tbs butter
3Tbs light colored corn syrup
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, without stirring for 5 more minutes. Remove pan from heat.
3. Dump the dry mix on baking sheets (I use cookie sheets) and pour the hot liquid mixture over the cereal mixture; stir gently to coat. It won't cover all the dry mix but don't worry, it will.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes; stir and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven; stir in 1-2 cups dried cranberries.
5. Spread on a large piece of buttered or sprayed foil to cool. Break into pieces.
Dont' forget to check out the sales going on at the store:
All travel straw cups and Minus 1 gear is on sale.
We need to clear out our inventory and get our son home!!