Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The wait is over

For all of you that have been on the edge of your seats pondering day and night what it takes to adopt....your wait is over!! I think everyone, whether you have adopted or not, know how long and detailed the process is. It does take a lot of things..I don't in anyway want to minimize that.

CALLING--I would venture to say the first thing you would need was a calling from the Lord, who is true and active in the lives of His children. Is every person called to adopt? I don't think so, but I do think that more believers ARE and miss it. How are we loving our neighbor when so many of them are hungry, sad and lonely? Are we forgetting to care for the fatherless? Get real with the Lord and don't be afraid to ask him.."do you desire for me to adopt?" GOT A CALLING?

MONEY--That one is no secret, but neither is the fact that the Lord will fund what He has called you to. He cares for you and will continually provide for your needs. (That may not include all those "wants" that we have.) GOT TRUST?

TIME AND PATIENCE FOR PAPERWORK, APPTS., ETC--We make time in our lives for what we see as important. The mounds of paperwork and requirements slowly dwindle and get done. GOT A NOTARY?

~And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1Cor 13:13
~For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish by have eternal life. John 3:16

got love?
adopt.
147 million orphans




4 comments:

  1. I am ordering a mug STAT!!! ANd I might just bring you a check that is already filled out for it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody just blogged about your blog and I NEED a tote bag (actually 2 of them). Should I email you? Good luck with your adoption!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, your blog is wonderful and I LOVE the new bags... I want one:) Your passion for adoption and caring for orphans pours out of your blog!! I pray you have crazy success on your fundraising... keep me updated!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love your coffee mugs and bag!! On the back of my cake flyers I have 147 million orphans. Minus One. (and it makes me giddy every time I write it!!)
    That is so great we are both with Barker. I have to catch up on your blog!
    Did you go to the picnic? We are a good 3.5 hours away from Maryland, so we missed it.

    ReplyDelete