Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

New glasses

It all began the weekend I spent with my sister. She was sporting some very fashionable looking glasses. My glasses, however, are from the 90's, not so fashionable and broken. I haven't even searched for new ones because I only wear them at night and early morning--the rest of the day I wear my contacts.

Even if we weren't in the throws of don't-even-think-of-buying-nonessentials, I don't think I could justify spending $75 plus for a new pair since I wear them so little.

But WAIT...$6.95, maybe!

Yes...her cute, thick, rectangular glasses were only $6.95, lenses included.

Can you guess what we did next?

We uploaded my picture in Zennioptical.com, narrowed the search to only the $6.95 pairs and started trying them on.

I placed my order. (I had just recently been to the eye doctor to renew my contacts and had my glasses prescription and pd #--both needed.)

Confession: I splurged on two pairs. One black, one red for a grand total of $18.34.

Now, if my next post looks like this:

fkdlaierUISNDRI7873078o7866%&&^*(&fjlstuldl;lksdjeioaNLZNLJIO EIROAEE9838293%##%AWE%$

you'll know it wasn't such a great deal after all!

I'll let you know.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I need new glasses too but like you wear them so little that I don't want to spend the money. If yours work out I will have to get me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am expecting pictures!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great to know! I hate spending much on glasses because I only wear them occasionally, but there are days that my contacts aren't cutting it so I at least have to keep the prescription fairly current. Let me know how it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, funny lady!!! I was thinking if your post looked like that you might need typing lessons. ;-) Awesome buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you DO know that is where I get my glasses for my "special" eyes, right?? otherwise I'd have to sell my kids to pay for them!! I have 2 pairs bookmarked right now, I sure hope they are the same as yours so we can wear them on our double date ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great deal! Also, I just wanted to let you know that I picked up my tee shirt from you at the post office today. Love it! Love it! Absolutely love it! Thanks a bunch!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's where I get my glasses too! They are great & I wear mine all the time!

    ReplyDelete