Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

"The Adoption Fist Bump"

That's dope?
Followed by a fist bump.
Does that sound like your average shopping experience?


I suppose I should start from the beginning.
We were running errands tonight, and Kobe was looking all suave and debonair in his "got love?" shirt.
The young man that was checking us out started to read Kobe's shirt, got a big old smile on his face and said
"That's dope."
Mind you, I guess sometimes you have to think outside the box with the way people communicate these days. However, we took it to be a positive thing with the great big grin on the young man's face.
The cashier then noticed Kinzie, and then started grinning overtime, looks at me, and says,
"Fist Bump!"
So there I stood in the middle of my transaction...fist bumping it with the cashier...all over...
ADOPTION!

Hey, I am willing to give anyone a fist bump, any day if that is what it takes to get them to think about adoption.

Whatever it takes.

**This was a post taken from my dear blogging friend, Darcie. She has a daughter from China, too. She posted this on Facebook and I loved it!! I am so glad she shared it with me and so glad that her son is wearing proudly his "got love?" shirt!**

I would love to hear any other conversations our shirts have started! I love adoption. Two fist bumps from me, Darcie!

11 comments:

  1. What a good laugh! Funny story.

    I got my bag...love it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is seriously the funniest story... I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, thanks for the laugh this morning! Love it!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome story Darcie! Great shirt too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious! People are so funny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Our family headed to the beach this past weekend (bummed I didn't get to order a beach bag before we went...but ordered one now). I love wearing my "got love" shirts and while walking the boardwalk a father says " LOVE your shirt" as we passed each other...I love spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great trip to the store that day! Not sure if we will ever top that story...but we will try. ;-)

    ReplyDelete