Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

I-will-not-use-the-word-"fundraising" post

We had enough of that last week. I have a bit of a hard time balancing it all--posts I want to write/share but the need to, well, you know! :)

We had a great weekend. The weather here (high 80s) made it feel like summer AND we finished up our school and testing...so it really was our first summer weekend! Tim pulled out the tagalong that we had when the boys were little. Lindsey. was. thrilled.
Did you notice her smile? She kept it the whole time they rode. Our neighborhood is full of bike paths...where the two (Tim and Lindsey) spent any spare moment they had.

We also planted our little vegetable garden. Although very small...we enjoy the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.
Lindsey kept her helmet on all weekend, just in case one of those spare moments arose.
Lucille in all her girliness...not sure where she gets it or what to do with it!

I hope you all had a nice weekend. I have been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I would encourage ALL of you to get a copy for your summer reading. And from that book I leave you with a quote and my motto for the summer (and after):

"Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing......Through all the haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away."

"We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing"
Psalm 39:6

Slow down...live in the moment He has given...thank Him for and in all things.

LET SUMMER BEGIN!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this quote, I need to put that book on my wish list!

    Brooke Annessa
    www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this book as well! It has been such a blessing to me. I actually started reading it fast and then had to stop "hurrying" through. I have been on the same chapter for weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have her book but haven't started reading it yet-- thanks for the motivation:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bike tandem :) I think we need one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say that book is changing how I see everything, most importantly, God! I think my kids would tell you they can see and hear a change in my heart as well. Most excellent read aside from the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your litte "L" is adorable with all her girliness...makes me smile. Looks like you all had a great weekend to kick off summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in Target with the kids today when we passed a display of garden seeds. Both kids were excitedly asking to plant a garden. I said we'd talk to dad about it to see where we could put one. After seeing yours, I'm totally on board with a garden! I would love that time in the dirt with our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many people have recommended that book to me. I might just have to break down and get it. Love that girly smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love that book!! I'm about half way through it right now, can't get over how good it is!!

    ReplyDelete