Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In the Wait

We have heard some good news on the adoption front here. Referrals are set to pick back up in November and December--yes, next month!! :) We are one of the top families that have had their home study in Korea the longest--not a title we were going for, however because our wait has been close to 14 months our agency is hopeful we will be in the first batch of referrals.

Have they promised us? No.
Is my heart completely set on seeing my child's face by the end of 2011? No.

When you have been "in the wait", I think you learn to guard your heart a bit from getting too set on one scenerio because you know how quickly things can change.

And so I settle back into the wait. I am well aware (I remember from Lindsey) that the really hard wait begins after you've seen your child's face!

WAIT - to remain in readiness for some purpose

I like this.
I think it very well sums up my position here.
I remain waiting , am totally ready and so thankful for the purpose for my family's wait!

Adoption. It's worth every minute of waiting.

11 comments:

  1. Ugh. Oh so true. Cautiously, prayerfully, hopeful for you.

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting with you...and praying the next 60 days are filled with fun and joy and life while we wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news! Praying for you guys. How exciting it will be to get that call!!! And you are totally right, the wait is very hard when you see your baby and have to wait more! I agree though, in the end it is worth every minute of waiting. How long is the travel usually after referral?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope = Confident Expectation! I love this definition and know that our confidence is in Christ. I do have to say that I'm not guarding my heart as much as I should be. I am completely set on seeing our child's face by the end of 2011. I still haven't talked to A and I hope to talk to her one on one and see how I'm feeling after that. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that your waiting has purpose! The Lord reminded me of Queen Esther. She probably wondered why there was all that waiting before a queen was chosen. But God had a bigger purpose for it.
    I think it might be time for another girls night out. I'll be in touch.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, friend, I totally get the guarding your heart and not getting too excited bit. It's like being lost in the woods, and you think the trail is just around every corner, but it never is. Finally, you realize it might be best to sit and wait for someone to find you. It's hard at times, but nice to have a friend to sit with! Hoping for VERY exciting news to come your way soon!!

    ReplyDelete